Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Safari 4.0 Beta is Available

I'm a big fan of Firefox. I like its plugins, the developer tools etc. What I like the most is the ability to set multiple websites as the homepage. So with one click on the 'home' icon I can open multiple tabs with the sites I read the most.
What I don't like about Firefox is that it gets slow and even crashes sometimes. And that happens pretty frequently lately. I guess the more plugins you install, the more you pay for it.

Safari version 4.0 Beta is now available. I gave it a test run. It has a very cool 'Top sites' functionality. I only wish Apple made it easy enough to add ad hoc sites to that view rather than picking most visited sites from history automatically. I simply want to add the sites I want myself. Sometimes too much system intelligence is simply that, too much.

I think I'm going to give it a go and stick with Safari for one week. Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment